This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to KDE, transition from Gnome?

New to KDE, but have been using Ubuntu since 2005 as my primary OS. I've been a Gnome person for a long time. I want to really check out KDE as it looks very nice, however I have trouble finding things and often don't know what program to use in place of something I've been using in Ubuntu.

I have installed Kubuntu several times but I get frustrated and go back to Gnome. Now I really want to give Kubuntu a try. I want to try to be more patient and give it a fair try. (I'm 57 years old and it's getting harder to make changes... heheheh)

So is there a good resource for people making the transition from Gnome to KDE? I see a lot of help for people new to Linux in general and I'm reading a lot, but figured if there was some documentation specific to making this transition, it might be helpful.

And if there isn't, then maybe I should be looking at writing something using myself as a test subject.

Thanks for any assistance!

Re: New to KDE, transition from Gnome?

Welcome to KFN.

I suggest that once you have Kubuntu installed you just start asking your questions in the appropriate board, or directly here in Help the New Guy. Keep posts to a single question/issue (don't ask multiple questions in a single post). I doubt there is a single question you might have that someone here can't answer.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: New to KDE, transition from Gnome?

For starters: KDE has way more options for configuration than Gnome so that can cause some confusion or overload.

. In some cases, Gnome has a "better" tool than KDE, but that doesn't have to be a barrier. For instance, I really like synaptic so I have it installed along side kpackage.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X