This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Plus and Minus next to Folder Icons in Dolphin

I'm definitely still a new guy to kubuntu.

When I hover over folders in Dolphin there is a plus sign that shows up. If I click the plus sign it becomes a minus sign. What do these mean?

I tried searching the forum and the help file, but with no luck. The help file doesn't seem to include documentation on Dolphin, only Konquerer.

Re: Plus and Minus next to Folder Icons in Dolphin

This one had me wondering for a while also. But when you know what it does you'll start to love it. It's a selection tool that allows you to select several files without holding any keys. If you click on the plus-sign you add that file to the current selection.

Comment

It can be a rather cool function, but annoying when you've selected 20 or more files and then accidentally click on the wrong place and all your selected files get un-selected :P

To further the explanation:

"Hover" over an un-selected file creates a light foreground and the small green plus sign appears.

Clicking on the green plus sign adds the file or folder to the "Selected" list and a dark background appears and remains as long as the file is selected.

"Hover" over a selected file creates a light foreground on top of the darkened background and the small red minus sign appears.

Clicking on the red minus sign removes the file or folder from the "Selected" list and the dark background disappears.

The files and folders remain selected until you open a file/folder, change directories, or otherwise take some action. If you click anywhere other than a plus or minus sign all selected files become un-selected.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That's really a neat feature. Nice!

Comment

Re: [Solved] Plus and Minus next to Folder Icons in Dolphin

It might not be were you looked in the docs because it's a KDE4 feature - works in konqueror, too.

I'd like to point out to those reading this post how perfect it is:

1. Subject line accurately described the question.
          2. The issue and what exactly the question was were described in detail in the first post.
          3. What steps had been taken to answer the question were described in the first post.
          4. The subject line was updated with [Solved] as soon as the question was answered.
          5. The poster responded with a "Thank You" note at the end.

If you, the reader, have ever had an unanswered post; review these steps and apply them to your next attempt. Undoubtedly, you'll get better response.

Thank YOU wba072 for being a good forum citizen!

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: [Solved] Plus and Minus next to Folder Icons in Dolphin

Well said.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X