Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make MySQL 5.1, Amarok2.1 and KDE 4.3 works?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to make MySQL 5.1, Amarok2.1 and KDE 4.3 works?

unless you realey know what your doing you may be headed for disaster ........but read carfull and a lote first then have at it BUT youv ben warend.........hear,s a good read on it.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3085626.0

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I would not do it if you are planning on installing 2.2. It has dependencies on TagLib 1.6 which is not part of Kubuntu 9.04 (9.04 has version 1.5). If you are new to compiling programs you will not get it to work. I would wait for the release of Karmic in a month, upgrade, then go for Amarok 2.2.
      linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Originally posted by ukchucktown
        I would not do it if you are planning on installing 2.2. It has dependencies on TagLib 1.6 which is not part of Kubuntu 9.04 (9.04 has version 1.5). If you are new to compiling programs you will not get it to work. I would wait for the release of Karmic in a month, upgrade, then go for Amarok 2.2.
        Ok, I'll wait for the Karmic version.

If anybody know or work with the people that are bulding this Kubuntu version, please, make them atempte to this mysql-commom dependency of KDE 4.3 that introduce problems when we need to upgrade MySQL 5.0 to 5.1

thanks

Comment

karmic will include mysql5.1 is its default, I believe.
          I haven't played with mysql in *buntu for a while, but it was a mess trying to run different versions when I did. I did have better success running mysql from a LAMPP setup - all self-contained and not dependent on the os
          http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html. You can run just mysql in that setup.

Comment

Working...
          X