X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Has It Failed For XXXX time?

Originally posted by Snowhog
    It looks like you have the same netbook as marshcaptain. It might be very helpful if you explain what you did to get 9.04 installed and fully working.
    I was on holiday with only mobile phone internet access, so I'll try now:
    - I used kubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso and installed Kubuntu from life USB which I made with unetbootin.
    - I did no KDE upgrade, still 4.2.2. and I did just an usual customization, synaptic, wicd, PCM sound and so on.
    - I bought Acer Aspire One D150-1 for my daughter and when I saw how it was easy to get Jaunty fully working I bought the second one for myself.
    - I installed Jaunty on both ones as dual bootable, first one with Windows loader and the second one with Grub.
    - I was not able to get work only an internal microphone (I use external one instead) and a temperature measurement (I don't care, the netbook is not so hot).

Originally posted by marshcaptain
    I then try Kubuntu and it installs fine but whenever I log in, (is that right), it shows the mouse and nothing else, just the wallpaper.
    - So it worked with life USB? You saw desktop and you were able to start programs and play with plasma staff before install? Than you picked Install icon on desktop and installed Kubuntu on disc? And than started your problems?
    - There are slight differencies in hardware specifications between D150-1 and AOD150, I am no sure if it matters.
    - If you installed the same as me, did you check MD5?
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
    X