This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hyperlinks don't work between applications

That still does nothing. thanks for the suggestion Though.
    Dan

Comment

After you made the changes, did you restart your system? A restart of KDE should be sufficient. The issue is with java. These changes are affecting java script files (.js) and don't take effect until the application/system is restarted.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Still nothing. Which version of java are you running? I'm running java 6.
        Dan

Comment

Would you please open you file manager, and browse to the /usr/bin/ folder and make sure Thunderbird is listed in that directory?

Comment

Already did that. the file is there and clicking on it starts thunderbird.
            Thanks
            Dan

Comment

I finally got this working. I tried several times to reinstall firefox to no avail. What finally worked was deleting the /.mozilla folder from my home folder then purging firefox completely. I had to do this twice because the first time in adept I selected the firefox 3 install and had the same trouble. The second time I just selected the firefox meta package. This corrected the problem, when I selected send link I got a pop-up asking me to select the mail program to use. After browsing to the thunderbird link in /usr/bin, and checking the box to always use thunderbird, everything works as it should.

I'm not calling this resolved because I still don't know why the Firefox 3 installation does not work.

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X