X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 questions - NTFS-3g and video card

Yes, fair enough.

I've been a bit reluctant to google for linux advice, as I assumed there was no good way to evaluate the quality of that advice - I always assume that a moderated forum is safer because any advice that is wrong and may be downright dangerous for your system would be removed fairly quickly.

But it's a fair point that if the advice is already out there it's pointless to reinvent the wheel. Thanks for the link to the step by step stuff!

Bernie
    I'm only here so often because I'm too blinking lazy to learn shell!

Comment

Re: 2 questions - NTFS-3g and video card

Originally posted by bernieszu

I always assume that a moderated forum is safer because any advice that is wrong and may be downright dangerous for your system would be removed fairly quickly.
      Actually, we (unintentionally) give bad advice every day, probably, although I doubt we've wrecked any systems that weren't already in desperate shape!

The thing is, there are probably tens of thousands of hardware combinations out there -- that's what makes it nearly impossible to state with 100% confidence what steps will resolve the problem on a particular installation. There was a guy the other day with a new Nvidia 8600 or 8800 (I forget which) which unbelievably would not display correctly with the newest driver correctly installed and a perfect xorg.conf file -- I have no idea why not. Stuff like that just makes your head hurt ... :P

Comment

Working...
      X