Clear All

Kubuntu-KDE4 8.04 alpha6

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu-kd...hardy/alpha-6/
    released day before yesterday

#edit:
    to configure konqueror fonts, etc. install kdebase-bin-kde4
    bug #196520

Re: Kubuntu-KDE4 8.04 alpha6

I'd be interested in how people are fairing with this.

Kev

Comment

> I just upgraded from alpha 5 and now my application launcher widget on the taskbar is screwy. It went from taking up an eigth of the screen to about half of the entire screen when I click on the blue button. What's even more frustrating is that I can see it the first time I click on it after booting up, but then the second time (and every time after) I only see about 20 pixels of the right side of the application launcher menu. I installed another one on the right side of the taskbar, but even then I'm missing the most important part, the icons... they're off the left side of the screen apparently. You can click on the images below to see it larger size. I ended up installing a "classic" launcher for simplicity's sake, but I was just getting used to the new one and it was growing on me

Comment

Originally posted by MatheoDJ
        > I just upgraded from alpha 5 and now my application launcher widget on the taskbar is screwy. It went from taking up an eigth of the screen to about half of the entire screen when I click on the blue button. What's even more frustrating is that I can see it the first time I click on it after booting up, but then the second time (and every time after) I only see about 20 pixels of the right side of the application launcher menu. I installed another one on the right side of the taskbar, but even then I'm missing the most important part, the icons... they're off the left side of the screen apparently. You can click on the images below to see it larger size. I ended up installing a "classic" launcher for simplicity's sake, but I was just getting used to the new one and it was growing on me

don't have this problem here, does it appear if you create a new user account

Comment

Don't know how to create a new user account in kde4 it's not available in the system settings

Comment

I have Kmenu>System>User Manager (KUser) which appears to be all set to let me add a new user (I'm not gonna do it, though).

Comment

OK, thanks! Gave that a shot, but no dice. Same weird behavior in the new user. Next I'm going to try uninstalling (purging) kde4 and reinstalling.

Comment

same weirdness, even after upgrading to HH beta. Screen will lock now, which is a major plus. but the screen unlock dialog is as big and weird as the task launcher!!! can't figure out how to screen grab this, but it's weird. I wonder what will happen if I just do a fresh install from the new beta disk. try that in a couple days.

Comment

Can I install KDE 3.5 and KDE 4 together and select which desktop at login screen? If so where can I get the 3.5 version. Can I install when in the 4.0 version?

Comment

Working...
                  X