Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Success on Dual Boot Windows 8.1 and Kubuntu 14.04 on Lenovo Z50-70

Hi

Took a chance - did 20 mins of reading round forum, disabled SecureBoot on laptop, made my self room for 16gb swap 32gb root and 64gb Home and just went for it...

It worked

I am seriously chuffed to bits. I will be using this Laptop to help people get on line. People who have no idea or just need some help and guidance - Volunteering for Digital Champion campaign where I work.

So now I can show them all types of OS and kit with Dual boot laptop, Nexus 7 and HTC One M8 smart phone.

Thank you Kubuntu for making it so easy.

(From what I have read it appears I am really lucky to have a laptop that just works.)
    To understand true frustration, one must only go so far as to install Linux!!! and then came Kubuntu and the World is at peace again

Originally posted by zebedeeboss View Post
    (From what I have read it appears I am really lucky to have a laptop that just works.)
    I don't think luck has all that much to do with it, really.

I have two different laptops, a Toshiba 32-bit and a HP 64-bit. Both are 'old school' BIOS machines. Both are Intel: Dual-core and i3. Both have Intel Integrated Graphics. The Toshiba has Atheros Wireless Network Adapter; the HP a Broadcom Wireless Network Adapter. I've had zero problems with Linux Kubuntu on either one.

One just needs to know what you're buying.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 24, 2014, 10:13 AM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi
      I am planning to buy Lenovo Z 50-70 having 8GB RAM 1TB hard Disk and 2GB graphics card and Windows 8.1 with touch.

I wanted to know that will it really supports dual boot with windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04.

I need both ubuntu and Windows 8,
      so please let me know, if not i can search for alternate option.

Comment

Working...
      X