Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalled and put grub on efi partition. Still same error. What I can't understand is why 13.04 installs ok and works with grub on Linux root partition. Because I get the grub boot menu which was installed on root partition with 13.04, by going to the efi boot options and selecting the xxx.efi file it seems to me that the efi file isn't pointing to the right place for grub.

Comment

OK I have fixed it. After much searching I found Boot-Repair. It now boots to grub menu where I can boot either Kubuntu or winate.
      Is 13.10 setup more to install in secure boot mode or something? 13.04 sets up OK and when I update that to 13.10 the boot stays working. But when I do a clean install it does not work.

Comment

Can't really say I'd have an answer, as I haven't built a dual-boot 13.10 machine on UEFI. I may need to take a look at what's going on and file a bug.

Comment

I have had the same problem as @ nevillef with efi and not being able to boot into kubuntu - just comes up with the GRUB> prompt and makes kubuntu un-useable.
          From what i understand its a bug in 13.10, when grub is installed into the efi partition it creates a dir called \kubunu, however the efi boot files are looking for \ubuntu. You need to mount the efi partition and move the files from kubuntu to ubuntu dirs.
          This is a big problem as alot of newer PC's/laptops now come with GPT partitioned hard disk and EFI.

Comment

Fixed: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...2/+bug/1242417

Comment

Working...
            X