Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change UEFI to legacy in msi H77MA-G43?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change UEFI to legacy in msi H77MA-G43?

I want to disable UEFI and can't find the way. I want to install Kubuntu and not let me, when I attempt the screen goes black.

How I can disable UEFI in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

You cannot disable UEFI -- this is the kind of firmware your computer has been built with. You can enable a legacy mode (which you mention in the subject line). To do this, boot into the firmware's menus and look for "BIOS compatibility mode" or "CSM" (which means "compatibility service module").

Are you sure, though, that your installation problems are related to UEFI?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      You cannot disable UEFI -- this is the kind of firmware your computer has been built with. You can enable a legacy mode (which you mention in the subject line). To do this, boot into the firmware's menus and look for "BIOS compatibility mode" or "CSM" (which means "compatibility service module").

Are you sure, though, that your installation problems are related to UEFI?
      Secure boot Can be the problem?

The installation disc is still running, but "something" I turned off the screen and not let me see the process.

Comment

Secure Boot is not the same thing as UEFI. Secure Boot is a UEFI feature, which you can disable -- in fact, I recommend that you do. You'll need to boot into the firmware's menu to do this.

A black screen during boot can be caused by any number of problems. A detailed thread on the Ubuntu forum has some relevant troubleshooting and workaround ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X