Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How the hell do I make this forum work?

I've just unintentionally made four copies of a post because I kept getting an error-msg. page every time I tried to submit the post, after which each time it did not show up in My Posts. Finally, I check Miscellaneous page and find all four copies there--with NO way to delete even one of them, let alone all duplicates. What the hell do I have to do to do what should be a two minute task in two minutes instead of 15 minutes?
    Last edited by RLynwood; Mar 06, 2023, 05:22 PM.

This is a well known problem with the forums, when you see the message, just ignore it your post has been made. You can wait a minute for it to show up in the new posts section, but I just wait for a reply.

Comment

As I've posted NUMEROUS TIMES, when you get this error (a know issue), don't refresh the page you are on. Just reload KFN and go to the forum you were in. The post you made will be there.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I also don't know how to mark three other posts solved. How do I do that? And you still didn't answer the question of how to delete a post.

Comment

Be patient. The forum owner has just announced an impending upgrade.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Originally posted by RLynwood View Post
            ... And you still didn't answer the question of how to delete a post.
            Some forums don't allow users to delete the posts they make. Click the "Report Post" to request mods to delete a post. They may oblige.
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by RLynwood View Post
              I also don't know how to mark three other posts solved. How do I do that? And you still didn't answer the question of how to delete a post.
              Click on Thread Tools then Mark this thread solved...

A little exploration of ones surroundings goes a long way.
              Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 10, 2021, 09:55 AM.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re deleting ... at the least, you can always edit a comment, go in and delete all the text, and maybe leave a note saying -- post deleted -- or something ...
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                X