Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to print many .jpg files once and having them two-sided?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to print many .jpg files once and having them two-sided?

Dear all,

I would like to prind many .jpg files without selecting and printing each of them. I would like to write a script or to do something else in order to print simply all those files with one order. I would be glad if they could be printed two-sided and even if they could be printed two-sided with 2 .jpg files for each side.
    Could someone help me please?
    I have Kubuntu 18.04

Cheers
    Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 15, 2021, 07:19 AM.

Gwenview has a print assistant for multiple image printing, it is one of the plugins. You may need to install kipi-plugins to enable it.

Digikam will have this sort of feature as well

As to printing both sides of the paper, that will depend on if your printer physically has this capability, and the print options such a settings for that printer is available when you go to print. Otherwise you would have to manually re-load the paper into the tray, etc.
    Last edited by claydoh; Sep 15, 2021, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Thank you very very much claydoh.
      I do not know what to do once I found
      https://apps.kde.org/kipi_plugins/

When I klich on install, I have the window with stars of Kubuntu with all possible softwares. But kipi is not here.

I do not know what to do with digikam. It is so big. I don't find how to print directly many photos with this software.

Comment

Use Muon Package Manager to install it. OR search for it in Discover? Else sudo apt install kipi-plugins

I don't have 18.04 to compare with as a reference, but in Digikam, there will be a print wizard or print manager, probably under the tools menu.
        In Gwenview, it should be under the menu Plugins >> Images. You may have to select the images first.. The print assistant is probably exactly the same in both Gwenview and Digikam, as Gwenview uses Digikam's plugins if they are installed

You could also explore other image viewers found in Discover, these probably will have similar print tools as well.

Do remember that Kubuntu 18.04 is End of Life, though the OS underneath will get some updates for a while still.

Comment

Hello claydoh,

Thank you very much for your help.
          I found two other ways to do it:
          https://www.abricocotier.fr/1215/com...ps-sous-linux/

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X