Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several factors to consider. We (KFN) are not a large forum, not in the way Ubuntu Forums is. We (KFN) aren't "official", and that seems (to me) to be a huge factor in attracting large numbers of members. We do have a large number of members, but no where near the numbers that Ubuntu Forums has. And, of our user numbers, only a very small fraction are active; visit and post regularly. That sort of categorizes us (KFN) as a fringe forum. That has distinct advantages and disadvantages.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
      Kubuntu hasn't got a matrix room. liberachat irc, like freenode has a bridge built into Element so you can add it to your matrix rooms that way. I don't know why anyone uses mailing lists, they are awful.

Chat rooms are bad for technical support IMO. Forums are better, they are searchable and indexed by search engines so a lot of the time, you don't even need to post to find your answer. They are also better laid out for reading the info.
      But chat is *right now*, not the same purpose as a forum. Plus general discussion, in developer channels.
      I stopped doing chat myself, mostly from laziness, or rather I was too lazy to fight the distraction I am very very prone to
      I should jump back in, it gave me so many answers to forum questions over the years

Comment

Originally posted by Fred47 View Post
        Over the last week or so I've noticed reduced number of posts to the forums. Have all the problems been solved? People learn how to use search? Or some hidden conspiracy laden reason?
        This website runs a script on your computer just by visiting it. The script has no place to go when you set the machine in read mode only (military way): The Google chrome dev browser shows it for 1.5 seconds, 3 times back to back, but it cannot open.

Imagine now when you login if the guy on the switch has a suitcase full of malicious scripts?

This site is owned and controlled by baby-boomers, their heritage is a worldwide catastrophe.

Comment

Working...
        X