Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@TwoFistedJustice, well, damn. Sorry you have this problem, but glad you do ... Snowhog and I thought I was the only one. I get exactly the behavior you describe. One other thing, if you can try it: After you make a post (even though it gives you that error screen), if you go to the main Kubuntu screen, then click on "What's New," does * your * new post show up in the new listing? Mine does not; but the posts of everyone else (in that thread) do show up under What's New.

I hope Snowhog sees this.

Btw, here's what I do: I get that error screen, ignore it, go to the Top, then click on the link that will take me to the thread I am posting in, and lo and behold, my new post will be there ok. If I get that error screen, and keep trying to go back and post, then I do get duplicate posts.

Wow, thanks for posting this, though sorry you are getting it, too.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

btw, I get the error every time I post. If I post using "Advanced," I get the error screen you posted. If I do not post using "Advanced," I get a shorter Database error message with the option for me to click OK, which I do click, and then it posts (even though it doesn't look like it is going to post) ... but as I said, I can not see my post listed under What's New or even under the link to the Topic thread ... but my post is there! crazy, huh?
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I get this error as well, so we are in good company.

This, as well as the other niggles we've been experiencing are, as I've stated numerous times, due to the incompatibility between our OS, the version of vBulletin, and versions of PHP and mySQL. Most of the inconsistencies are just annoying, with some, like this error, more so. As to this error; as Qqmike pointed out, it generally doesn't actually prevent the creation of the post.

This error, as well as all the other issues KFN is experiencing, will be resolved when Open Source gets KFN up on the new version of vBulletin. I know that that is taking longer than everyone likes, but it is being worked on.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, Snowhog.

Comment

I'm making a reply in reponse to Qqmike's request for data

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
              btw, I get the error every time I post. If I post using "Advanced," I get the error screen you posted. If I do not post using "Advanced," I get a shorter Database error message with the option for me to click OK, which I do click, and then it posts (even though it doesn't look like it is going to post) ... but as I said, I can not see my post listed under What's New or even under the link to the Topic thread ... but my post is there! crazy, huh?
              It did not show up in What's New.

I used the "Go Advanced" option and clicked on the forums link on the error page, then on the main menu button.

Comment

I also note that even though the reply is posted, when I go to "my threads" the summary box does not show that it is updated. By way of example, it showed the most recent post as the one by Snowhog at 2:06PM, which means it also didn't display your post from 2:30PM, quite a few hours before my most recent one.

Comment

TwoFistedJustice, sorry I'm delayed posting a response -- but I did not see your new posts under What's New. Usually, I see everyone's new comments under What's New except for my new comments. But, now, even your new comments are not showing (to me). Well, OK, I can see there are many details. At this point, it doesn't matter because, clearly, this 'error' manifests in many ways, for all of us. As Snowhog has said, a planned new system will render these observations moot! The weird stuff you experience are experienced here and elsewhere, as well. Thanks for working on this, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X