• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu and MS on the corporate desktop

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ubuntu...prise-desktop/

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Saw that. I installed Kubuntu 21.04 as a VM to check it out. Wayland is in the Info graphics tab but OpenGL and Xorg are the ones populated with display information, so my VM display is running on an xserver. Regardless, it is very fast. I know of no way of checking AD since I am not on a corporate network environment.

While Ubuntu 21.04 (and Kubuntu) has AD I wonder if in a corporate network environment Microsoft's software will allow an Ubuntu server to become one of the five FSMO controllers? When SUSE struck their deal to replace corporate RH servers with SUSE servers one stipulation was that the SUSE servers could never become one of the Domain Controllers.

Regardless, I like Kubuntu 21.04 and the direction it is going. My son is using a laptop supplied by his employer. It has Win10 on it. He was going to install Kubuntu 20.04 in a HyperVisor and I recommended that he activate WLS2 and then install Uubuntu 20.04 on it and then install kde-plasma-desktop on it. He'll probably do that this week end.

Is it possible that Microsoft is exploring ways to create an ELF version of Windows? And WLS2+Ubuntu is a test bed?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X