This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appimage Hub hosts all appimages

Because of discussion in another thread I searched around to determine if there was a central location for "all" appimages, andthere is, indeed such a place!

Of note, there is a SCUBA app and it answered a question that I asked in the other thread as to whether LibreOffice is too complex an app to have an appimage and guess what... there is an appimage for LO.

Be forewarned that there is a warning about running any app about which you are not familiar.

There are some appimage "pages" which offer a workable download button and there are others which do not, you might have to search around in links to find the download link and just click it. There are some instructions about running things "in terminal" but I could not get them to work.

I downloaded a music player of which I had not heard. It funcitoned quite well, had a rather strange menu interface and did not do .srt subtitles but that is ok.

So, here ya go, enjoy and please report back on your experiences!

https://appimage.github.io/apps/

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

This page also has something called an Appimage Launcher, but it is way out of date. Supposedly it puts appimages in your menu under the correct categories. I tried to install the 'latest', which was set for Bionuic, and got dependency problems. So I just keep all my appimages in a folder called appimages and that's good enough.

Comment

A lot of apps have a link on their home page to their own AppImage file.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X