This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox vs Chrome printing from email

This is obscure but I just ran into it today and was wondering if others had observed it.

A) for the last several years when I print "an e-mail" from the college where the person is almost certainly using MS Outlook ...when one goes to the options and selects print...

And I am viewing the colelge e-mail using Firefox, the text of the printout is positively miniscule down in the 3 point range.

So, I have defaulted to selecting the text and pasting it in L.O. to print after adjusting the font size.

W/O getting into details I found it necessary today to install Chrome to view a required "presentation" that supposedly would only work under Chrome.

However, that is not the situation about which I am posting.

I opened the colelge e-mail using Chrome and, quite without thinking, printed an e-mail and what happened?

The printout was the correct font size !

The point here is that this may be ONE REASON why "people have switched to Chrome" from Firefox.

B ) Is this a little "trick" that Google/ MS are using with the formatting of things in FF. I

I do not know, I'm merely posting an observation and wondering if anyone else has encouterred it

and if anyone has any speculations on it and ...maybe... the increased usage of Chrome mainly, I might hazard.. be powered by an increased useage.by business people who must interact with MS Outlook.

just a couple of questions.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Oct 12, 2020, 10:11 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X