This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 503 service temp unavailable

Kubuntuforums.net/forum.php has shown this msg for the last two weeks.
    Every other site including kubuntu.org works perfectly.
    Googled without success
    this is via 4G mobile + eyestrain trying to read things
    Suggestions what this old sod should (or ought to) do gratefully received

Jim

It happens periodically and kubuntuforums just decides to refuse a particular IP address. Try refreshing your IP from your provider, or go through a VPN.

Comment

The 503 error is from the security software, either a false positive, or your IP address was used at some point in the past for some bad behavior, by someone else of course.

I have to have my mobile IP addy whitelisted regularly, dunno who is using mobile/AT&T for spam, etc.

Not sure I know how to do that, so it will be a good idea to buzz Snowhog.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        The 503 error is from the security software, either a false positive, or your IP address was used at some point in the past for some bad behavior, by someone else of course.

I have to have my mobile IP addy whitelisted regularly, dunno who is using mobile/AT&T for spam, etc.

Not sure I know how to do that, so it will be a good idea to buzz Snowhog.
        Downloading those HBO torrents finally bites me in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_raider View Post
          Downloading those HBO torrents finally bites me in the ass.
          Nah it is your posting spam links to Windows malware on Linux forums [emoji3]

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Time for me to 'exit stage left' in total embarrasment!

I had signed up for the weekly email from DuckDuckGo about security so read it.
            Used the DDG icon to check some settings only to realise the 503 error was totally self-inflicted due to a wrongly set flag!!

My excuse is that the Error 503 message on a blank page had me looking out at the web instead of in at the idiot on the keyboard.

Anyway - I now have about three weeks of messages to catch up with on this great forum so I'll leave you in peace.

Comment

Working...
            X