This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Policykit aka Polkit update schedule question

I'm waiting for a new version of polkit to come down the pipe. Currently I have Ver. 0.105. with Kubuntu 18.04.3 A newer version is claimed to contain a "fix" for the lockout on "run as root" for GUIs like Dolphin and Kate. Can anyone give an estimate on when the next polkit upgrade will occur for Kubuntu?
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Not in 18.04, as *buntu usually do not upgrade to newer versions of software in most cases, especially such a core system item. 18.04 has 0.105-20, and 19.04 has 0.105-22, which I think is where it will be when it is released. Whenever Debian gets to a more recent version is when Ubuntu will get it, as far as I can tell.

*buntu has been using 0.105 variants since at least 14.04. It seems that Debian and/or Ubuntu may be patching this old version to keep it up to date for whatever reason, but i am not sure. The fix you seek may come to Ubuntu, but I can't say if/when.

Comment

claydoh, thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm stuck with making the fix myself then. There are instructions on how to replace the library which contains the "fix" for this. https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/...n-as-root.html
      Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Working...
      X