• Show
Clear All

Kewl

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240228_124630.png
Views:	63
Size:	373.7 KB
ID:	676967

I was going to look at modding the application launcher to do this at some point.
    Totally missed this new option.​

Now, i gotta find out how to lower it, or at least not have it centered on the icon.

Looks very interesting what you have done!
    But unfortunately there are still a lot of little graphical inconsistencies in Plasma 6. Like the too large gap between windows and the panel (as can be seen in your screenshot)…
    Or the exaggeratedly rounded corners in the overview (looks like GNOME and cannot be found anywhere else in default Plasma - perhaps the developer was drunk or was paid by the GNOME Project…).
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
      Looks very interesting what you have done!
      It is my usual ancient Plasma [S]theme[/S style], going back many years, other than the vertical panel. This is from the past year or two.
      I do need to find a less crusty plasma style, to be sure.

The gap I want, tbh. But the inconsistency is there- like when I have a full screen window, the menu is 'attached'.
      But I am not too picky as many with these things as much as others. There are some *really* anal retentive people out there.

My SDDM theme doesn't work, either. ugh, but I expected this. It is more customizable than stock ones, so I knew it might break with the upgrade to the login manager (semi-unrelated to the Plasma upgrade)

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        The gap I want, tbh.
        Me too. But unfortunately it is about twice the size of the gap between panel(s) and edge of the screen. And that looks bad/unprofessional/out of place…
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
        X