This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build a legal 60 watt WifI

But, know that this drives your wifi at 250 mw, which is the legal maximum, and shortens the life of your WiFi chip unless you add cooling directly onto the chip.

Side note: It demonstrates the CLI command "iw", which I had never heard of, or don't recall. Very powerful.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

In the days of the ""cb" ( Citizens Band) (enabled by a Republican President) this was called a "linear".

I mad a boat load of money putting two capacitors "in line"..."linear" for ten cents (usd) a Radio Shack "male on one side female on other side" ( twenty cents) and could not keep up with the demand to...

GEEZUS... they do NOT like "big government"...for twenty bucks (USD) ...

And I always found an excuse to just charge cost...

THAT OLD MAN...WITH A GIMP TO HIS STEP...

and the young'un "looking up to the old man"...

IS WORTH IT ALL...

and should be also to the "liberals" who want "big government TO CONTROL THEM...they take "no resposibility"...

I love that old man...with the gimp step

and the young boy...who respects the COST PAID ...by that old man...

Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 19, 2018, 11:01 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Build a legal 60 watt WifI

Running two capacitors in serial (“linear”) reduces the capacitative reactance and hence reduces the impedance for a given inductive reactance, and thus the resistance. If the quarter or half wave antenna was replaced by a 5/8ths whip antenna that allowed more power (current) to flow from the power transistor into the antenna, giving the signal more reach. Five miles to six or seven. Use two whips tuned to the front and back and your reach could be ten or more miles.
      Z = sqrt(R^2 + (L-C)^2)
      L & C were adjusted for the frequency and R for the overall resistance so that the result was a Z of 50 or 75 ohms, to match the standardized cables connecting the CB to its antenna. (If my memory hasn’t failed me). When L matched C the Q of the circuit was max.

Then there were the truckers who went whole hog and put a 50 watt amp between their CB output and the antenna.

I still have a portable CB transceiver in the trunk of my car. Put it there 16 years ago and have’t turned it on once. The electrolytic capacitors have probably all dried out.

Now, my emergency communications devices are a matched set of UHF hand-held VOX transceivers with a dozen or so scrambled channels that required a Fed License to use. I let my license expire years ago because I never used them after that and if the SHTF a Fed License would be my last concern. They are line of sight rated at 30 miles but on the road inside a car using the attached six inch whip antenna I got about 5-10 miles, depending on curves and things in the way - trees, buildings, hills, etc. I charge them up every three months or so to keep them ready.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Apr 20, 2018, 06:20 AM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I'm confused, the Confederate states would have won if they had spent their money on CB radios rather than slaves? The guy on the floor is crying "woe is me, now all I have is a cannon I can't lift by myself because me slave has been emancipated and a broken wheel"

Comment

Mind you, that picture says 1776 so I guess I am in the wrong war

Comment

Working...
          X