Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Icons Only Task Manager - how to display it on a gesture

Good evening everybody,
    I've recently started using Kubuntu as a main system for coding, it is so far working marvelously, I've achieved UI & functionality customization I was dreaming for. One last thing bothers me though, I don't know how to make my floating Icons Only Task Manager to show up when I navigate with mouse to the bottom edge of the screen (while covered by applications). I would want to achieve a similar effect to MacOS applications menu at the bottom of the screen, to be precise I want the task manager to show up above all the applications windows when I go with my mouse from e.g. center of the screen to the bottom. I didn't find any solution for that in the settings :/ Only hope with you guys, does anybody know how to achieve such effect?
    Cheers
    Screenshot: https://i.postimg.cc/pLx1dzM2/T.png

The panel has to be set to autohide, not the task manager widget, which is just one component, or widget on it.
    Your screenshot link is broken, it hass extra characters in it: https://ibb.co/qg13z1D, the text is correct, but the actual URL has extra characters at the end.

Autohide might be broken or something?
    However, if you simply added an Icons-only widget directly to the desktop, and NOT part of a panel you won't get autohide. It needs to be on a panel, as the panel is the part that has the option.
    (you can remove all the other widgets items except for the task manager, the video here has the application menu on it as well)
    Like so:

And the settings I used to quickly make this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20231124_201938-1.png Views:	4 Size:	523.2 KB ID:	675466

And reading again, it seems I missed the gesture request. THAT, I dunno if it is possible , am looking. But moving the mouse from anywhere to the bottom area should raise it.
    Last edited by claydoh; Nov 24, 2023, 07:56 PM.

Comment

claydoh Thank you kind sir for your answer,
      you are right, sorry the screenshot was broken, I noticed it only after posting the thread, unfortunately I couldn't edit it, I was getting an authorization error when trying to save the edited post. Then I edited it, the post turned unverified/unapproved so I couldn't answer.

I think the issue was, as you explained, that I added the task manager independently without a panel as a parent. I fixed it now by adding a panel and setting it up as on the screenshot provided by you. Now everything works perfectly

Thank you very much for your help, have a great day / evening

Comment

Originally posted by xezolpl View Post
        you are right, sorry the screenshot was broken, I noticed it only after posting the thread, unfortunately I couldn't edit it, I
        I hadn't approved the post at the time, since new KFN members with <3 posts, posting links isn't available.

Welcome to Kubuntuforums!

Comment

Working...
        X