This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postfix Raspberry pi problem

Hi folks. I'm a rookie here, and am trying to solve a sticky problem.

I have a generator that sends emails out when something happens that I need to know about (power outage, service, etc). It's an older model that only allows me to enter the server's smtp address, plus login/password. There's no authentication, and it ONLY uses port 25, and that can't be changed. My ISP (verizon) now forbids use of outgoing port 25, so I'm in a bit of a difficult situation.

I came to the conclusion that the solution might be using a Raspberry Pi with Postfix, configured to act as a relay for the email. The generator sends email to Postfix, which then sends it out to the Google server I am using. So far, so good. I have Postfix set up and can send mail out using the mail command from the terminal window.

The problem is, I can't get the generator to get mail to Postfix. I have to put into the generator the server address. This has me stumped, as I cannot figure out what this should be (?127.0.0.1?), or what?

I don't know what the login credentials would be, either. Would I use the login for the raspberry pi and that password? Well, none of that worked.

I think I have the /etc/postfix/main.cf file properly set up, but apparently not, since it is not working.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this? I figure this has to have come up with others, since older printers probably have the same issue.

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X