This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage advice

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

His approach is commendable, and not what I've tried to do myself.

I've seen that in trying to get people using Linux sometimes fails because the applications are different (Libreoffice v MS Office, etc) so getting them used to the different apps first on their old platform does make sense. Mind you, some people just will not be persuaded to use anything but MS Office.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
      Mind you, some people just will not be persuaded to use anything but MS Office.
      If a very particular productivity challenge requires that you continue to use Windows, a Qemu/KVM virtual Windows machine makes an excellent utility on your Linux system.

Comment

Does Win10 even allow itself to be virtualized?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Yup. Been there, did that - removed the VM when my employer's HR site quit requiring IE.
          we see things not as they are, but as we are.
          -- anais nin

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Absolutely. There's a a picture of it down this page.

Comment

Nice write up, dibl !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's an interesting discussion on the issues getting Windows users to switch. Nothing new here, but nice to be reminded of the challenges from people who live it and work with it both in their personal lives and at work (even if the host, Matt, vehemently HATES KDE).

​"Keep it between the ditches"
                K*Digest Blog
                K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X