Has the Miredo server ceased to exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the Miredo server ceased to exist?

Since my ISP does not yet support IPv6 and it won't open port 43 on its cable modem I was forced to revert from Hurricane IPv6 to Miredo.

Hurricane's IPv6 gave a 20/20 ("it's native") rating. Miredo gave a 17/20 but was acceptable for most sites. My browser was set to prefer IPv6 over IPv4. A year ago, in July, the Miredo server was switched from rimlab.net to teredo.trex.fi, in Finland.

About two or three weeks ago I noticed that my ifconfig listing did not show my IPv6 tunnel.
    Using "sudo systemctl status miredo.service" showed that the teredo.trex.fi server wasn't running.
    Today I gave Miredo another try. No joy.
    I used "isitdownrightnow.com" and was informed that the teredo.trex.fi was down for everyone.

A Teredo server requires a lot of bandwidth, especially if it is the only one on the planet. An energy crisis in Finland has probably put it out of commission permanently.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Sep 22, 2022, 11:14 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Or they shut it down because of Russia... High tension in that area.
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Working...
    X