Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KFocus.Org

I'm excited!!!!

I asked if I could help KFocus.org test their upgrade ISO to 22.04 and was allowed to.

This will be fun! Yes, I said fun.

Well, the install to VM went great and tested well. Moved to actual update.

So, updated HD to 4TB which was a self induced pain because the original 2TB drive was stupidly formatted MSDOS. So had to update the thing to GPT. No biggie, just annoying I did that.

So the install had a few issues and not sure it it is KFocus or just Ubiquity in general. In all, to get it to install, DO NOT select install 3rd party or even updates. For some reason Ubiquity does not like those options checked.

Few minor oddities with KFocus' NVIDIA drivers vs what is in main repositories. Updater keeps wanting to downgrade to what is in the main repositories and not keep what is in KFocus'. Again, no biggie and will be relayed on to them. In all, they did well re-imaging to their brand. Took 2 hours in total to get all app I had reinstalled and set.

I'm pleased.

Comment

Which version of Plasma?
      BTRFS?
      dpkg?
      Repository?
      Can snap & flatpak be removed?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It is Kubuntu 22.04 so all that version is and will be. The only difference is they have their repos to support their Apps that support the systems they sell, to also include drivers for those systems. Though it can be used on other systems other than theirs. They have quite a few curated apps.

I do not use BTFRS, though since this is Kubuntu, I would think you still could.

SNAP and FLATPAK can be removed as with Kubuntu outright. Though I can say, I left SNAP/FireFox as is. Functional wise I saw no difference in my testing and really FireFox at their download section made it clear that is their direction and the download was virtually no different other than SNAP just places it a container.
        Last edited by Snowhog; May 22, 2022, 07:54 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
        X