X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why WIndows power users often break Linux

https://freedompenguin.com/articles/...s-break-linux/
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Yep, I have said the same things myself, and, because I donated all of my machines, mainly to people who just did not ever have one or were desperate to have ANYthing they were all successful of the 160 odd all were successful from disabled people to old folks to criminals who had just got out of the slammer.

Donate to a church? Nope.

Donate to a philanthropic organization? Nope

Donate to schools? Nope

good article GG.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I used to collect used laptops and put Linux on them and give them to folks my age who can't afford a computer. Probably only a fourth of what you did. Only two foks had problems: a person who thought himself a Windows guru (and really didn't know anything at all) and one who was in the first stages of alzhimers. His wife switched him to an iPhone, which she eventually ran for him.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

It is curious oh Grey Smart One...is it not...

that when one gets "away from money as a paradigm" that one meets some truly heartening and also some truly saddening people... hmmm

woodlovedseeingthemsmilesmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Nice article -- very insightful! I recognized myself in there, a 15-year DOS and Windows user, arm-wrestling Ubuntu and Kubuntu to try to force them into compliance with my notions of how a computer should behave. I also recognized my 91-year old mother, with no idea at all about how a computer should work, happily following my guidance to use a Debian system for browsing, e-mailing, and playing board games. Thanks, GG.

Comment

I, too, found myself described in that article, dibl. Computer programmer who spent the previous 20 years writing software and feeling like a master over the OS. That's why it took me longer than Bill Brush (author of "Learn Linux in 24 Hours") said it would. Applying Windows principles on a Linux OS does not work. I did a lot of pushing when I should have been pulling.

Comment

A great article. Thanks GG for sharing the link with us.
                Linux User #454271

Comment

Working...
                X