Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to make a modified version of Kubuntu that has pre installed apps?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way to make a modified version of Kubuntu that has pre installed apps?

I would like this to run off a live cd, to use it like a utility with GParted, Etcher ect.

Yes. It is called a "Persistant" LiveUSB. Put it on a 64Gb USB stick and use the free space for application storage. I keep a Persistant LiveUSB of Kubuntu 14.04 in my watch pocket for "emergency" uses. You can install from it too!

The easiest way is probably to create a regualr LiveUSB and while running it insert the target USB stick (a second one) in another USB port on your laptop. From the running LiveUSB stick install Kubuntu onto the second USB stick. It it doesn't boot up the re-run your LiveUSB stick and from it use GParted to add the boot flag to the second USB stick. (Thanks to seth48 for this method).
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 17, 2017, 06:49 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X