Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My ears don't work the way they used to.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ears don't work the way they used to.

Probably because I fired too many rounds through my rifles without wearing ear protection. Either that, or I listened to too much classical music at full volume! Probably both!

Anyway, I must use my headphones so I don't disturb my wife while she's watching TV. The problem is that wearing my hearing aids while using the headphones causes a lot of discomfort. Even worse, the high frequency sounds are not loud enough and the low frequency sounds are muffled, making voices hard to understand. What I needed is an audio equalizer. I started looking around and found this

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/10/syste...equalizer.html

Works like a dream!

Unfortunately it doesn't have an option to put it in the system tray so I keep it in the quick launcher for easy access.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

From link you provided:
    Please note that PulseAudio Equalizer is no longer maintained so if you find a bug or if it doesn't work for you and the fix isn't trivial, there's nothing I can do.
    Unfortunately, such is the (potential) fate of all/any FOSS. Fortunately, because it is FOSS, someone with the skills, knowledge, and abilities could take this project on and keep it alive and viable.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      From link you provided:

Unfortunately, such is the (potential) fate of all/any FOSS. Fortunately, because it is FOSS, someone with the skills, knowledge, and abilities could take this project on and keep it alive and viable.
      Well, right now I'm testing "by reason of strength four score" ... So, it probably won't make a difference to me by then.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X