This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16.04 download

1. While running under Kubuntu 14.04, I was downloading the ISO file for Kubuntu 16.04, and nothing appeared on the screen to tell me anything about the progress of the download or even if the download had begun. How does one go about getting something to appear on the screen re the download's status?

2. I believe that my phone's mobile hotspot disconnected during the download. The result is an ISO file on my HD that is named

kubuntu-16.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso.part

and its size is 955.8 MiB, but I don't know what the file's completed size should be. I take it that the file name's last 4 characters ("part") means that the file in its current state on my HD is only part of the completed file that I need. If I'm right, then my question is: If I restart the download, will it pick up where it ended, or will it restart the download from scratch?

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by wtb32141 View Post
    ...my question is: If I restart the download, will it pick up where it ended, or will it restart the download from scratch?
    It will pick up where it left off. When the .iso is fully downloaded, the .part extention will be removed, and you'll have kubuntu-16.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso.

As to a visual downloading indicator. Firefox uses a small growing bar in the upper right area above the URL window IIRC. While it's displayed, you can mouse-over or click on it to bring up the download status window.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you very much. I restarted the download, and it disconnected again about 6 seconds after it began. I'll try again tomorrow morning around 3 am. That little bar you mentioned is small, but it's precisely the item for which I was searching.

Comment

Working...
      X