This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon

What has become of Muon? I recently installed Kubuntu 16.10 (was using 14.04). I type Muon into the Start Menu's search field, and nothing appears. Has Muon been replaced?

I'm not on 16.10, but ... Look for Muon Discover (if it is there, maybe K > Applications > System). If you can find it, see if, in Muon Discover, you can get Muon Package Manager by entering that string in the search box.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Thank you. It's listed now as "Software Center." Just type Soft in the search box, and it will return "Software Center". The word "Muon" seems to be gone.

Comment

Glad you got it (I'm still using 14.04). I would think, though, that in 16.10 the so-called Muon Package Manager is still available; I'm not sure it works in 16.10, though. As you know, in 14.04, Muon Package Manager works like a charm (IME, anyway).
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I typed in "Package Manger", and it returned Synaptic. Synaptic is great; I used it when I ran Mepis some years ago.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I only used Synaptic once, in the past, and yes it was good. I know the advanced guys around here like Synaptic very much.

Comment

Working...
            X