This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen problems

Until recently I was running Kubuntu 14.04. A few days ago, I installed Kubuntu 16.10 (64 bit). I have a ViewSonic VA-2448M LED monitor. When running under 14.04, I have no screen problems at all, but when running under 16.10, I am having these screen problems: (1) occasional screen flicker (sometimes fairly severe) and (2) dialog boxes that initially display only partially (Example: If I select Writer's File menu, and then select Print to print a document, only a few parts of the Print dialog box initially appear. If I fiddle with the dialog box, I eventually can get the full box to appear, but it's a time-consuming process). Also when I try to close some applications, they don't close, and I must hit Control-Alt-Escape to rid the screen of the app. My knowledge of LCD monitors and their technicalities is approximately zero.

The problem seems to be with the OS because the monitor works fine under 14.04 (none of the aforesaid problems exists). Version 16.10 seems to have set some monitor-related settings that differ from those under 14.04. Can you tell me what those settings are and how I can restore them to their values under 14.04?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by wtb32141; Dec 13, 2016, 02:42 AM.
Working...
X