This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apache question

Maybe I am using the wrong search terms but I am finding no help for what I want to do.

Setting up a home Apache serer that I may hook up to ddns. If the host name is reeser.ddns.net (not set up so using this address will give an error), how would I set the server so that reeser.ddns.net/~raymond would go to his page? Not sure if this is a virtual host, sub-domain or something else entirely.

I have set up his user with a public_html folder. haven't set up ftp server yet. Not sure which is best.

what are you trying to do ,,,,,,,,if it just to give remote access to a box SSH is pretty simple and in Dolphins network folder you can add a remote SSH folder that will default to using SFTP for file transfers .

NFS is a bit more setup but when done is completely transparent ,,,,,,,,,thats to say that with SSH to view a remote file it must first be down loaded ,,,,,,with NFS it is a mounted file system and acts like a local folder.....

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

want reeser.ddns/net/raymond to go to /home/raymond/public_html
      Right now it goes to /var/www/html/raymond

Comment

If you're just using the default Apache implementation, edit the file /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf and change the DocumentRoot directory to point to /home/raymond/public_html. Then restart Apache. A better approach in the longer term is to use a virtual host.

Make sure that directory has 755 privileges, and the files have 644. The "www-data" user that Apache runs as must be able to use that directory and the files therein.

Comment

Trying to run multiple pages. one family, one raymond, and possibly one for daughter. So, virtual hosts may be the best way to go. Recommend any help or good web pages with instructions?

Comment

Working...
          X