This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javascript and Chromium browser

I have a business website (www.echomountainpress.com) that has a shopping cart. I have 2 browsers: (1) Firefox and (2) Chromium. Javascript is enabled in both browsers. My shopping cart updates automatically in Firefox but not in Chromium. To update the shopping cart in Chromium I must manually refresh the screen by clicking on the browser's refresh button. I just checked Chromium's Javascript setting, and it's activated. Have you any explanation for Chromium's current behavior?

I just tried out your site in Firefox and Chromium. Both worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
      I just tried out your site in Firefox and Chromium. Both worked fine.

Well, that's interesting. Mine works as my initial post describes. It worked that way yesterday, and it works that way today. The "About" part of my Chromium browser says: Version 37.0.2062.120 Ubuntu 14.04 (281580)

The settings part of Chromium shows this info re JavaScript: "
      Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)". That item is selected.

I am at a loss to understand the difference in behavior of my Firefox browser v. my Chromium browser.

Comment

Are cookies allowed in both?

Comment

Are cookies allowed in both?

Yes. Chromium's cookies setting is: "Allow local data to be set (recommended)". That item is selected. I also checked my Firefox cookies setting, and they are enabled.

Comment

Still having trouble? I played around with it again in debug mode and it seems to work fine.

Comment

Still having trouble? I played around with it again in debug mode and it seems to work fine.

I'm really glad you asked because I have been working on other things this morning, and I had not visited my website today. I just did, and I am glad to report that Chromium is working perfectly today. The whole thing is a complete mystery to me, for I have changed no setting in Chromium.

Thanks so much for trying to help me and for showing an interest in my problem (or pseudo-problem!).

Comment

Ive found that Chromium sometimes acts up when Im making and testing changes on my website. Just out of curiosity, did this start happening while you were changing things in your site?

Comment

Ive found that Chromium sometimes acts up when Im making and testing changes on my website. Just out of curiosity, did this start happening while you were changing things in your site?

No, but I am going to change some things on it soon. I've been working on them this morning, but I have changed nothing yet. Like you, I first thought it might be a difference in the browsers' HTML interpretation, but I have changed none of the HTML coding recently.

Comment

On second thought, I did change something in the HTML code. I changed the title of paper 13.

Comment

I added paper 14 to my website. Everything works fine when I run Firefox, but when I run Chromium, the same problem that I was having when I began this thread occurs. Please do me a favor. Go to my website and see if paper 14 and book 4 are working with each of your browsers. Then tell me the outcome. I will be interested to see your results.

Comment

Seems to work fine here.

Comment

Thanks for your input. My results this morning are the same as yesterday: Firefox words fine (the shopping cart updates automatically), but with Chromium, the shopping cart updates only when I click the browser's Refresh button. I've examined closely the HTML code, and everything looks fine to me. As long as it works for you, I'm going to work on other things. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                          X