This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

system errors

I keep getting notifications about a problem and it asks if I want to report it. Reported the first time, skipped after that. Where can I view the problem details? Hoping to do some research and maybe fix the problem (whatever it is)

You probably want to ask this on kubuntu-devel on IRC, as it's internal to Kubuntu (or more likely Ubuntu). You'll likely get pointed in the right direction from there, if not an outright answer to your question. If you do find out, let us know as I've often wondered this myself.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Is this the "an application has crashed" notification? With an orange explosion icon? I get a lot of these on my 12.04 installation.

If it's something else, any chnce of a screenshot?
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Usually happens on restart. Just a notification the upper lift with options of cancel or send. about 5 of them in a row. Application crashed is rare, but it happens

Comment

I now see the error
          failed to register chrdev region
          as the os is loading. It still loads and everything 'seems' ok

Comment

Not familiar with errors like that. There a few web hits for that phrase including this linux kernel - Use of count variable in register_chrdev_region - Stack Overflow which quotes what looks like the chunk of kernel code that generates this error message. But that means this could be called from any number of different places and I wouldn't know where to look next.
            I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
            X