This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Vernier software debs for Linux supporting GNU etc

Ekktually......I'll keep this short! WOAH!!!

I used Vernier software with the Texas Instrument 99 yada yada calculator a couple of decades ago with a motion detector etc.

The calculator has now been removed from the configuration and there is a dedicated piece of hardware that is the interface for probes such as....temperature, etc. and the computer.

The data from the probes can be projected on a overhead etc., printed etc.

The department very nicely authorized a purchase for my physical science class.

Of course the college uses Windblows 8.1 and the setup is minimal, mainly that of passwords for installation of the software and finding and enabling the probe.

I checked the hardware out to take to my apartment to work on instructions for various activities and did the download for Vista and it installed but needed a "site password" and I don't have one but that is ok.

I also did the install under WINE of the .exe and it worked but again, I didn't go to the trouble to set up a password....

BECAUSE...........TA TA!!!!!!!

Vernier has a BETA for LINUX...........and it is in the form of .debs NOT.............rpms!!
    WOAH, tres kewl!!

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (32 or 64-bit)
    Edubuntu

I downloaded both the 64 bit and 32 bit and even though the machine is a 64 bit I got the usual yammer about "wrong architecture".

Basically, download, extract, click first one and second one and, as opposed to Windblows........the hardware is IMMEDIATLY configured etc. with NO setup at all......period.....end of story.

Printing is ok etc.

Appearance of the application GUI is fundametally "Win 98" but all of the function is there except "text appearance over a button on hover".

Here is ONE COMPANY .......which is doing the right thing by Open Source, etc.

Vernier Main Site

Linux Beta subsite

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X