• Show
Clear All

Linux user profiles - funny

Click image for larger version

Name:	10363930_928727343807311_1206670896293527003_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	648736

Mint user is sooo accurate, bloody noob os, for example when you write a banner to be shown after ssh login it has some stupid scripts to over write it to preserve branding, it has lots of **** like that...
    K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Very good ... quite a laugh, and only slightly exaggerated!
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

In a similar vein...

Having worked for two of these organizations, I can confirm that at least 1/3 of this chart is absolutely, positively correct.

(source)

Comment

A picture of the Unity user, no privacy in the crowd

Comment

I'm sufficiently frightened of the Gentoo user that I'll never go near that distro again...!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            In a similar vein...

Having worked for two of these organizations, I can confirm that at least 1/3 of this chart is absolutely, positively correct.

(source)
            let me guess... Amazon and Oracle? cant be apple because you'd never return from the dark side, and cant be microsoft for obvious reasons
            K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Comment

I know at least one for SR and that panel had me ROFL! Kind of Do or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by millusions View Post
                cant be microsoft for obvious reasons
                MS and Amazon actually! Steve is quite a reformed Character... like those kids who used to be in gangs and now spend their time running youth groups to keep other people out of them
                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I've read stories about Microsoft divisions gunning for other MS divisions. Was it anything to do with the mentality that a worker had to be in the top ten of his particular group or he was eventually laid off?
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                    I've read stories about Microsoft divisions gunning for other MS divisions.
                    The guns aren't so much to ward off poaching. Instead, if Division-Foo hears even hints of whispers of shadows that Division-Bar might affect Division-Foo's ship schedule, Division-Foo will immediately wage war against Division-Bar. Casualties to be expected.

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                    Was it anything to do with the mentality that a worker had to be in the top ten of his particular group or he was eventually laid off?
                    The old curve was 20-70-10. Those consistently in the 20s mostly knew how to play the game and make their boss's boss look good. It's this skill that allowed you to survive the brutal annual stack ranking. Those in the 70s did most of the actual work, because they didn't spend all their work time playing politics and up-kissing ass. But if you simultaneously stayed in the 70s and also stayed in the same role after three years, you had better find another place in the company to go; otherwise, you'd be risking a drop into the 10s just because. Those in the 10s were those who either stayed in one place too long -- i.e., punished because you liked your job too much -- or really were bad performers. Opportunities to redeem yourself did exist; however, if you wound up in the 10s two cycles in a row, then you'd be encouraged to just leave.

I don't know how it is now with the new system.

Comment

Working...
                    X