This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digiKam error

I'm using digiKam 3.5.0 on my new laptop. After dumping pics from my camera's card to my hard drive via digiKam, when I attempt to delete the pics from the card I get this:

"Failed to delete file DSC_xxxx. Do you want to continue?

<Continue> <Cancel>"

The weird thing is that if I select 'continue' it DOES delete the image, even though it says it didn't. Then it shows the error message for the next photo...and the next...and the next...

Any ideas?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Are you able to delete the files from within Dolphin?
    I use an SD Card to record tv shows and films from the4 tv but when I want to move the recording to my pc I am unable to delete from the SD Card as it is write protected. I can copy files from the card and access the files from the card but cannot delete not unless I access the file manager as root.

Just wondering if the same thing is happening with you? When viewing the SD Card within Dolphin does it mount it as read only?

Edit: Just read that it is deleting the image when you select continue so it cannot be mounted as read only.

Comment

Right, Nick, it's definitely not read-only. I'm a command line person at heart, so I've looked at its files that way, and everything about them looks 'normal' to me. Owner/group/permissions are all as expected. I can delete from a command line or Dolphin. Just not without an annoying error message from within digiKam.

And if I stick the same card with the same files in another computer, digiKam has no problems deleting its files.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

No other ideas? This is a real pain!

Comment

Working...
        X