This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedded Linux vulnerability

It's a security problem which was patched back in May of 2012 but some folks don't keep up. Also, it's harder to burn updates into appliances that have embedded Linux in firmware.

Go to 8:00 in the video.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 02, 2014, 10:52 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Thanks for posting this GreyGeek, I always enjoy following things like that and you've llinked a couple of gems recently. That VOIP discussion was interesting too, so many chained vulnerabilities/misconfigurations!

BTW I've noticed something strange...with YouTube links you can link to a specific time by adding ?t=XmYs to the end of the url like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sb3I2ZbVY8?t=8m0s

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work when embedding, which is what I was going to suggest you could do:

Any ideas why? Is this what you tried initially?
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Most YouTube videos show, when you click "Share" a URL with a checkbox and time edit box to the right.

But, the AT&T videos do not offer that when you click "Share", so your trick works neat.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 02, 2014, 08:10 PM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X