This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gscan2pdf is simple, fast, works

I have, of late, needed to do a lot of "quick scans" usually sequentially, of magazines and send them as attachments in e-mail.

I've always just used GIMP or such.

But, I thought I would try out some other scanning apps and found gscan2pdf in the repos and it just works jiffy quick!

Allows changing to different resolutions, line art, gray scale, color(with settings). etc.

plop the mag on the scanner click the scan icon, a few seconds later it is there, usually upside down, click roatate button, a few seconds later it is rotated, click save, one can enter a variety of info about the thing but if click save bar at bottom get the save function with the date, type in desired name, pick a place for it to go and save.

Done, done, and done. VERY SIMPLE and gives very good results.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Totally agree. Been using it for a long time.
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Comment

I've been using gscan2pdf for some time and have very happy with it.
      sigpic

Comment

I am also a happy user of gscan2pdf (it has always worked better for me than gimp when it comes to scanning).
        Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
        tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Working...
        X