This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail outbox problem

I've acquired a kmail problem - not sure how...

When I send emails they are <sent> (ie they arrive at their destination) but never leave the outbox or get moved to the sentmail folder. Exactly how or when this started I don't know but it is rather annoying. Other odd behaviour is if I drag sent mails from the outbox to the sentmail box they arrive but a copy lodges in the outbox.

I'm using gmail as the mailagent. I think the problem may have started when kmail screwed up completely and wouldn't run at all and I retaliated by deleting all kmail and akonadi files (akonadi had corrupted its database) and started again so there could be some magic in the SMTP settings that I haven't reset but as I said the mail is being sent - it just lodges in the outbox.

Anyone got a clue?

There are times when the akonadi backend for kmail gets corrupted. I do the same procedure when this happens to me: delete the akonadi files.

However, after doing this you have to go through your filters and the settings to look for previous references to folder names. Evidently, these references are also stored in akonadi somehow and must be reset to their proper values. In settings look for:

* Identities -> Advanced -> Sent-Mail folder
    * Identities -> Advanced -> Drafts folder
    * Identities -> Advanced -> Template folder
    * Accounts -> Advanced -> Trash folder
    * Filters: look for any "Move to Folder" or "Copy to Folder" rules and set the folder to the desired folder.

Perhaps this is what happened to you after deleting the akonadi files.

Just a thought.

Comment

Thanks this 1/2 fixed things!

I went kmail:settings:configure:identities and double clicked my outgoing account - this produced several errors relating to using default sentmail folders and now in the advanced tab the sent-mail folder is set to sent-mail.

Now when I send mail it is automatically saved to sent-mail but it still remains in the outbox (ie it is copied rather than moved).

Any ideas how to get outbox to empty?

Comment

Working...
      X