This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma Active and underwater therapy disabled vets

I know that this will come as a great relief to many but...I'll not be posting for a while because I'm heading to Florida to dive and "observe" underwater therapy for disabled vets from Iraq and Afghanistan.

So aside from the great sigh of relief, what does this have to do with Kubuntu?

Again, I must mention what Shuttleworth said about Windblows and Ipad /Apple OS being the defacto desktops for the future.

Wellllllllllllllllllll

Two things

a)
    The dive centre whereat I trained had, fortuitously, a woman using the pool to be trained herself in a form of ..."aqua chiropracty"....she asked if she could "practice" on me and it was amazing..I do not like chiropracty, but...you the patient is held with "face" out of the water and then put through about an hours worth of "chiropracty" twists and turns only it is not on a table, one is not in pain at any time, there is no "creaking and cracking" of joints.

It is rather like being a "piece of kelp" and "waving in the ocean." Just amazing

Another fellow there has incipient carpel tunnel syndrome and is doing the same worthless therapy that has been done for twenty years, and I know because I watched a close friend doing it and it only made things worse.

The fellow that took this water therapy was almost crying because "I can use my hand!".

Anyhoo....

b) APPARENTLY, apparently, I do not know the details, the thereapies that I will "probably" be observing are completely underwater, using scuba.

Not just "diving" but having these therapies done.

And, they will, apparently, be recorded for doctors to see, using, apparently, an Ipad in a particular case and transmitted to a local boat, which will then retransmit to doctors...elsewhere.

Now the point of this post is......

Apparently the case really "is"..."interactive"...in terms of capturing a video, down to 180 feet.

The adverts, of course, are for "divers" ....the details are scant...

http://www.divenewsnetwork.com/index...l-ipad-housing

But the video shows it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2jzI...ature=youtu.be

NOTICE THE BUTTONS ....pushing certain active parts of the screen, apparently, don't know....

Now, the use of it underwater and to transmit from the water, may be iffy.

I am using the Gopro, which does work using a wifi controller, but the range underwater is VERY IFFY.... because, water attenuates the signal of course...

S0 don't know about this..device...

The developer says that you can transmit "from the boat"..which I think is more reasonable...

But, the big point is that the interface of the ipad is useable using the back of this case...

I posted elsewhere about the possiblity, I threw it out for discussion, of having the plasma active GUI possibly go "several routes"...one with the normal elegant screen and another with kludzy screen but....

an interface that could be adapted to use in this kind of housing....

The whole thing about "underwater therapy" is going, I think, to move VERY fast....

And the whole use of the "pad" to record information about things, like therapies, is going, to...I think, positively explode very quickly.

It does not have to be "underwater"...it can be in a factory enviornment, or a hospital environment, or any other kind of "on land" environment, but...

maybe plasma active, Kubuntu, KDE might at least be able to get on top of the curve....getting "ahead" of it might be too much to ask given the simple numbers of installed IOS on pads...but...it might be done..

Which apparently, Shuttleworth has given up on doing.

just a thought...

but...go ahead and sigh a breath of relief!

woodgoingbubblysmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jul 03, 2013, 07:04 AM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Hurry back.

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    I know that this will come as a great relief to many but...I'll not be posting for a while because ...

woodgoingbubblysmoke
    That sounds like something my wife would say. Please don't be gone long. we will miss you.

Florida in July? If this were the dead of winter I would be jealous. At this time of year I much prefer my home on the Oregon coast.

An Ipad for divers sound like a rather narrow niche market. I hope they do well.

Aqua chiropracty? Now that sounds interesting! My wife has avoided some rather expensive and questionable surgery by consulting Doctor Google. Yes, there are options that the Ferengi medical establishment would rather we not know about. She is now studying mobility exercises. Between the two of us we've had great relief from arthritis, acid reflux, depression, head ache, overweight, and pre-diabetes. Al without drugs or expensive supplements. Yes, Dr. Google can be a great resource. The Paleo diet and lifestyle works for us.

BTW Woodsmoke, If anyone gives you grief for being a Little weird or whatever, just quote my signature.

Ken.
    Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Hi Icorken

It isn't that I'm going to "leave" it is just that I'll probably not be anywhere near a computer for a long period.

I ran into real problems with an Ubuntu lappy at a LaQuinta when I was giving a presentation in Austin(my teaching methods), and could not get onto the net at all. And the Bahamas has a closed system, great for the local Bahamians but "touristas" are basically stuck with kiosks.

Anyway, search "WATSU" and "Warm Water Aquatic Bodywork".

It is just an amazing therapy.

A lot of this "kind of stuff"...seems to me at least, to be rather more "wishful thinking" on the part of the recipient.

And the simple evidence for this for me over many decades is that people keep having to go back to "keep on getting fixed".

Now, yes....many people receive immediate relief and it does not recur, but... anyway...if it worked for "everybody" then it might be more mainstream.

But.....this WATSU stuff ....really does seem to work, the local lady has been well... word of mouth as spread fast!

And the diver guy was almost crying about the results.

Now PART of it has to just be ....being in the water and doing stuff underwater....

That is one reason for me observing the disabled vets and SCUBA....some of the stories they tell about the almost "immediate" relief makes one want to cry, both for their situation and also frm joy of their relief.

i myself, have had an amazing turn around in terms of "problems" with my lower back...

Two weeks ago I carried an 80 pound AL tank on my shoulder, basically half the length of a block, across multiple "slips" to get to a dive boat on a local lake.

And nary a problem.

Now there are "other" things involved also. I have been religiously taking "fosamax" and Tums tablets for many years and have, basically, completely rebuilt my skeleton, the last bone density scan kind of blew the doctor away, he basically said that I have the bone structure of a twenty something! :0

But, that does not explain the "nerve pinch" that I have experienced at random times, just, knock on woodsmoke's head, seemingly disappearing! ;0

I was given a "practice session"....I would ask the same of the person you and your better half might find...ask for a demo session.

I....think...that you might gladly pay for the results...don't know...but worth a try.

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X