X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knoppix remove malware Kubuntu workhorse file copier

Hi
    I really ought to be in bed by now because I have a ten hour drive to the conference whereat I am going to be a presenter but I wanted to post that in my "goodie bag" for the teachers/admins.....they always have to have a "goodie bag" or they don't go to the presenter...

either that or food, will always get a good crowd! lol

I decided to give away usb sticks with my presentations, etc. on them.

a) fully ten percent of the usb sticks had multiple files of some kind of malware/virii/whatever on them. I could not remove the stuff with Kubu Dolphin or Konqueror and could not format them even with Kubicle's very nice new "root" addon for Dolphin.

I had to get the trusty Knoppix cd out to format them and even that was a travail... the stuff just did not want to be removed.

Whoever made the stuff, it was in at least Hindi, Chineese, and Russian were some of the languages I recognized, knew their stuff.

b) But, as to one after another copying the files from the Kubu computer to the usb sticks, Kubu was a real workhorse and popped the notifications handily, I did some drag and drop but then did copy and paste.

All in all fifty usb sticks in about the space of an hour....sans the over THREE hours removing the whateverware.

good on Kubu devs.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X