Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Kubu script for opening .vnt Vnote files?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Kubu script for opening .vnt Vnote files?

Hi
    I just ran across this today and it is NO BIG DEAL for me, I just thought I'd mention it.

The desire to send a "memo" to myself from the memo app on the Android phone produced an e-mail with an attachment of a .vnt file.

.vnt is a "Vnote" file which is kind of analogous to an ".ical" file, not the same but analagous.

It would open except with a bunch of gobbledy gook surrounding it, like UTF-8 encoding etc.'

It is immediately apparent that the "printable" part of it is the text.

But no app that I had onboard would open it and show only the text.

So I hied myself to the internet and found a big thread at a Windblows forum and a bunch of discussion of a script to open it, but not much else on the net.

Soooo it seems as if it is not a "big deal"......yet!

I went to synaptic and found this file: php-horde-data

The rather sparse explanation indicated that it would somehow "help?" with reading a vnote, and other things.

So, I dld it but did not see any apparent change in trying to read it, the other associated stuff was there as before.

Soooo, I'm just sayin' that maybe Kubu "could steal a march" for a while if Kubu had the ability to open such a file and display only the text.

But again, I think that very few people probably have the need for such, so it is no biggie, I'm just commenting.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    Hi
    I just ran across this today and it is NO BIG DEAL for me, I just thought I'd mention it.

The desire to send a "memo" to myself from the memo app on the Android phone produced an e-mail with an attachment of a .vnt file.

.vnt is a "Vnote" file which is kind of analogous to an ".ical" file, not the same but analagous.

It would open except with a bunch of gobbledy gook surrounding it, like UTF-8 encoding etc.'

It is immediately apparent that the "printable" part of it is the text.

But no app that I had onboard would open it and show only the text.

woodsmoke

Python apps vnote2txt can convert vnt files to text.
    Keywords: vnote, txt, text, .vnt, *.vnt, converter, linux

Run python vnote2txt

vnote to txt converter
    http://superuser.com/questions/37088...-txt-converter

eug48 / vnote2txt
    Converts vNote files (e.g. from the Galaxy S2 Memo app) to text.
    https://bitbucket.org/eug48/vnote2txt/downloads

Comment

Working...
    X