This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon Discover!

Thanks to dequire's blog the bluemint, I found this coming improvement on Muon. It's quite unstable atm but looks really promising! I like the fact that at last(!) the gap is filled with a proper package-manager for KDE. I guess this is one big piece of the puzzle to get a proper mobile & tablet environment/solution with Qt/KDE. Can't wait for the day that KDE bites the tail of Android

Click image for larger version

Name:	WZE25.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	647828

install it with the adding this repository - NOTE this is a experimental version that'll most likely to crash (however it shouldn't ruin the common/standard muon packages, updater and software center)

Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:echidnaman/qapt-experimental 

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install muon-discover

[B][/B]
    Thanks for sharing Dequire!

b.r

Jonas
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

You're most welcome! Glad you liked it. It is slated to replace Muon Software Center in the future, by the way.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Sorry, to steal the thread for a second
      I've noticed you are referring to my PPA, that PPA is for users of Kubuntu release + Kubuntu backports, if you are using 'plain' Kubuntu without backports, you shoud use this.

Great blog dequire
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sumski View Post
        Great blog dequire
        Much thanks! Maybe one day you can teach me how to package
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Sure , best way is to just start it yourself, and when/if needed take a look here:
          https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sumski View Post
            Sure , best way is to just start it yourself, and when/if needed take a look here:
            https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete
            I'll have a look. I want to package Daisy Launcher, FDesktop Recorder, and some other nice KDE apps.
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

You can use packaging from similar package as a skeleton (smooth-tasks, or former icon-tasks) and just adjust for you app. Most of individual KDE apps are pretty straightforward to package.
              sigpic

Comment

Since it comes installed in Kubuntu14.04 (and it is the only software installation tool visible in the menu) I used it.
                But, when I click on the install button to install a program absolutely nothing happens.
                I can select any program I want, I get the details about it including an install button, clicking on it shows me the type your pasword window, after which nothing happens.
                Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong here? I use Kubuntu 14.04 -64bits in a virtual machine with host LinuxMint 16-64, also KDE.

Comment

It installs the app in the background. So if you wait a while the it is installed.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Comment

How long should I wait before it is finally installed? I checked to see if it was installed but no, still not.

Oops, I stand correct. This morning when I booted into Kubuntu it did not install anything. Now, in the afternoon I booted into Kubuntu again and now it does install the program I want to have, in my case The Gimp.
                    I am thinking of having no network connection this morning. Maybe that caused it. No idea. Can't tell anymore.

Anyway, it does install and I am happy it does cause it seems to me to be a very nice program. Really blends in to the KDE look and feel.
                    Last edited by DeMus; Apr 26, 2014, 07:50 AM. Reason: Fault is gone away.

Comment

Strange. In mine i can see in the lower left of the app that it is installing an app. How long. you Should wait depends on the size. Like firefox tales a couple of minutes to install.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                        Thanks to dequire's blog the bluemint, I found this coming improvement on Muon. It's quite unstable atm but looks really promising! I like the fact that at last(!) the gap is filled with a proper package-manager for KDE.....

Jonas
                        Indeed!
                        I installed Kubuntu Trusty on a relative's laptop last weekend and noticed the Muon Discoverer. He is giving it to his grand kids. They will love that GUI!
                        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                        X