This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rekonq reaches 1.0 (stable)

Yes, we are there, we finally reached it! After a very busy period, cleaning up code and fixing bugs we are ready now for the first stable release of the product.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rekonq10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	647820

adjamblog.wordpress.com

Excellent! I've returned to rekonq from my prior departure to Opera. My goal being to use KDE apps as often as possible (assuming they fit my needs, of course).

Comment

Hmm, it still crashes within seconds of opening my newspaper. (www.telegraaf.nl)
      Nothing new I'm afraid.

Comment

This is qtwebkit issue (same thing with konqueror), but i agree these java crashes can be annoying
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry,I still don't understand the whole Konquerer Reconq thing. But I have both installed now and the only thing really used is Konquerer for the sysinfo:// command that gives a pretty MyComputer app on the desktop. Not that they aren't both really nice browsers. But I've used Opera for so long its hard to change. My kids use FireFox and I keep Chromium on deck just because its a contender.

I really feel for people who have to develop web apps and deal with ie6 to ei9 plus all these besides. Though ie has to be the biggest pain in the... neck! Well maybe Opera is right there too!

Comment

The promise of WebKit is a more consistent rendering across all the browsers using that engine. But small implementation differences still creep into projects like these.

Personally, I'm really enjoying Rekonq.

Comment

I liked Rekonq when I spent some time with it earlier. Just a bit prone to crashing, but still preferable to Opera for me personally. Are we likely to see v1.0 on Kubuntu 12.04 then?
              PUNCH IT CHEWIE!

Comment

The Tellgraff site crashed on me, too.

Reqonk and Konqueror work pretty well for me but I use Chromium. About the only time I can use Chromium is when I am looking at patents at the USTPO site. Only Reqonk and Konqueror will show the tiff image pages.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

"Rekonq 1.0 is available in Quantal for latest Ubuntu users and precise-backports for those wanting to try it out." http://blogs.kde.org/node/4590

Any thoughts on why rekonq isn't upgrading?

Code:
                  $ apt-cache policy rekonq
                  rekonq:
                    Installed: 0.9.2-0ubuntu1~precise1~ppa1
                    Candidate: 0.9.2-0ubuntu1~precise1~ppa1
                    Version table:
                       1.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu12.04.1 0
                          100 [url]http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/pub/linux/ubuntu/archive/[/url] precise-backports/main amd64 Packages
                   *** 0.9.2-0ubuntu1~precise1~ppa1 0
                          500 [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/ppa/ubuntu/[/url] precise/main amd64 Packages
                          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
                       0.9.1-0ubuntu2 0
                          500 [url]http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/pub/linux/ubuntu/archive/[/url] precise/main amd64 Packages
                  /etc/apt/sources.list:

Code:
                  ## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
                  ## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
                  deb [url]http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/pub/linux/ubuntu/archive/[/url] precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
                  deb-src [url]http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/pub/linux/ubuntu/archive/[/url] precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
                  Last edited by SteveRiley; Jul 23, 2012, 10:15 PM. Reason: added CODE tags

Comment

The Kubuntu-PPA policy line shows a preference of 500, which is higher than the 100 preference shown in the precise-backports line. Backports repositories are always pinned at 100.

Try this:
                    Code:
                    sudo apt-get -t precise-backports install rekonq
                    Last edited by SteveRiley; Jul 23, 2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

vinny@vinnys-hp-g62:~$ sudo apt-get -t precise-backports install rekonq
                      [sudo] password for vinny:
                      Reading package lists... Done
                      e: The value 'precise-backports' is invalid for apt::default-release as such a release is not available in the sources
                      vinny@vinnys-hp-g62:~$
                      vinny
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Vinny, do you have the precise-backports repository enabled, like Ronw does?

Comment

Ditto here. I guess somewhere along the way 1.0 became less then 0.9 new math gotta luv it!

Comment

I missed a few posts there, and the pinning spose it all makes sense now. Forgot er never gave it a thought about rekonq being the official browser.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                              Vinny, do you have the precise-backports repository enabled, like Ronw does?
                              never mind .......I forgot a tick box in synaptic

it's installing now

VINNY
                              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                              16GB RAM
                              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                              X