This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QupZilla 1.3.0 released!

I won't be writing about all new features in this release because you could already find it out in my previous posts. The main things in this release are tab previews, new address bar popup completion, big improvements to AdBlock and at last, 2 new plugins (GreaseMonkey adds support for userscripts).
    qupzilla.com

I've looked at this before. I just did again, and while its visual appearance has improved, Its cookie handling is broken: I purposefully block all cookies from google.com and facebook.com/net in every browser I set up. But in QupZilla, any entry in the always-block section causes the browser to reject cookies from all domains. I also tried to load the page from my Tiny Tiny RSS web-based reader, and QupZilla fails on some of the JavaScript. Time to file a couple bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      I've looked at this before. I just did again, and while its visual appearance has improved, Its cookie handling is broken: I purposefully block all cookies from google.com and facebook.com/net in every browser I set up. But in QupZilla, any entry in the always-block section causes the browser to reject cookies from all domains. I also tried to load the page from my Tiny Tiny RSS web-based reader, and QupZilla fails on some of the JavaScript. Time to file a couple bugs.
      You can try subscribing to "Antisocial" subscription in the Adblock plugin, I don't know if it'll do exactly what you're looking for though. It's a decent browser. I'm looking for a few more features until I can substitute it for Firefox.

Comment

I really like this browser..., except for its bookmark manager, which does this really really irritating thing: while importing bookmarks it tries to download favicons of all the site and takes a million years doing so, also it doesn't import firefox bookmarks 'as it is' and does not allow creating new folders.
        But as far as actual internet browsing goes i think it beats other Qt-based browsers hands down. Will check check out the release to see the improvements.

Comment

Since Rekonq has occasional troubles with JavaScript on some sites, I need to keep a backup browser around. Usually it's Firefox. I'd much rather have a Qt-based browser, and I'm hoping that QupZilla can fill that role.

Looks like my cookie handling bug is already queued up to be fixed, too. Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            Looks like my cookie handling bug is already queued up to be fixed, too. Impressive.
            And now it's fixed! Two after it was discovered.

Comment

This browser just updated with your bug fixes and some other ones at version 1.3.1. Check it out again as it's gotten a little bit more awesome.

Comment

Hmm... quick test shows that qupzilla-next still exhibits the behavior. I'll downgrade to non-next and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                X