A very interesting article FF and Chrome

This is not the normal article, it is worth a read,

Mozilla to "drop" Linux market
    Chrome might surpass FF in a year or less

http://www.itworld.com/it-management...treating-linux

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Well its not like they are helping any by not taking up pepper.

Comment

I like Firefox, hooked on add-ons that community provides, but it seems that Mozilla is going down the way of all dinosaurs... extinction.
      Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

I've been using chromium for some time. When I upgraded to 12.04 I decided to give FF another try. I had to switch back to chromium because of the MLB.TV media player, which runs on flash using too much CPU and causing it to overheat. It warms up some in chromium also, but not nearly as much. I must have my baseball. I really don't understand this because they both use the same plugin.

Comment

Firefox got it's start in the open-source community, but like too many now look at the numbers and (with drool on their lips) dream of big, quick profits someday.

capt-zero

Comment

If they really are starting to drop Linux, I have a big problem. But I think Mozilla has too. Here in The Netherlands the use of Linux by tech people is pretty high (government and business not at all). I myself write my tuts on Linux. And I write all the time the best browser to develop sites is Firefox, because of all the add-ons (and open source etc.). And I'm certainly not the only one.
            If Mozilla is dropping people like me, they may be dropping a small number of people, but that small number has a lot of influence on other people using Windows or OSX. If I can't use Firefox anymore, I'll have to use Chrome, because I'm not changing Linux for Windows. At that moment I can't advise Firefox anymore.
            By the way: that Asa Dotzler is pretty controversial person. Lots of people in the Mozilla community had (big) problems with him because of his wild decisions.

Comment

I wish more people would give Opera a try. It replaced Firefox on my machines about a year ago.

Comment

Working...
              X