This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nayar View Post
    I liked the 11.10 much much much more than 12.04. It was much more stable. I really miss it.
    For many years I refused to upgrade for at least a month until after a new release, just to let the major bugs be worked out. There are always bugs.

Anyone who doesn't like finding bugs should never be an early adopter. "When it comes to new technology, neither the first nor the last adopter be."

No one should make a long-lasting judgment of Precise (or any OS) within the first month of its release.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
    and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by perspectoff View Post
      For many years I refused to upgrade for at least a month until after a new release, just to let the major bugs be worked out. There are always bugs.

Anyone who doesn't like finding bugs should never be an early adopter. "When it comes to new technology, neither the first nor the last adopter be."

No one should make a long-lasting judgment of Precise (or any OS) within the first month of its release.
      Gave me some hope

BTW, will the .iso files on the download page have the bug fixes or will stay the same for 5 years and the bugfixes come only through auto updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Nayar View Post
        BTW, will the .iso files on the download page have the bug fixes or will stay the same for 5 years and the bugfixes come only through auto updates?
        There will be point-release isos available (for LTS releases like 12.04) which will include bugfixes up to that point. The first one, 12.04.1 is due for a release on July 19th (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule).

Comment

I really enjoy Dedo's reviews. I love the cynical style and grumpy delivery, but I would never take his word to heart or let him put me off a distro. I do feel he was particularly harsh on Kubuntu 12.04, and some of the criticisms didn't ring true as some of you have pointed out. Some of it is very true, such as having to dig around to customise things to tailor your experience, or stupid crashes at inopportune times (Kmix, Amarok). But then I spent some time with Cinnamon on Mint recently, one that Dedo absolutely loved and rated highly, and I found that there too. You have to visit the Cinnamon web site to add themes, or delve into the software manager, and sometimes it would crash and lock up or the panel would wazz out. So I'm a bit confused as to why Mint Cinnamon would be rated so highly, when it has many stability problems of its own.
          PUNCH IT CHEWIE!

Comment

Working...
          X