Trojitá, a Qt IMAP e-mail client

http://trojita.flaska.net/

Quick Facts
    • A pure Qt4 application with no additional dependencies
    • Robust IMAP core implemented using Qt's Model-View framework
    • Standards compliance is a design goal
    • On-demand message list and body part loading
    • Offline IMAP support
    • Support for bandwidth-saving mode aimed at mobile users with expensive connection
    • IMAP over SSH -- instead of going over an SSL socket, the server could be accessed via SSH
    • Safe dealing with HTML mail (actually more robust than Thunderbird's)

If you're an end user who is actively looking for an IMAP e-mail client, please note that Trojitá's GUI is not completely ready for mass consumption yet (read: needs some polishing to not scare users away). If you are scared now, please come back in a few months, you might be pleasantly surprised
    Under active development... http://gitorious.org/trojita

well, if it was a deb or if I had any clue about how to say anything more than gitty-up horsie, I'd try it.

even the several instructions here on how to do that stuff leaves me not getting things to work most of the time.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
      well, if it was a deb or if I had any clue about how to say anything more than gitty-up horsie, I'd try it.

even the several instructions here on how to do that stuff leaves me not getting things to work most of the time.

woodsmoke
      Agreed! As a noob I've never figured out how you install something from GIT. Which is a shame really, because now and then you come across some really interesting projects that only are available from GIT. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. :/

Comment

Here is the list of commands I needed to install trojita on precise. I work with source often, so I had some of these packages already and I am guessing they are needed. You might need some more that I have already and didn't know about. I didn't see a dependencies list in the trojita source directory. If you are missing something it will show up with an error in the make process. Post that error and we can figure out what is needed.
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install git checkinstall libqt4-dev build-essential
        cd "somewhere for source folder"
        git clone git://gitorious.org/trojita/trojita.git
        cd trojita
        qmake trojita.pro
        make
        sudo checkinstall(answer some questions)
        to run the program terminal
        Code:
        trojita
        You will have to make a menu entry manually with kmenuedit.

to uninstall, according to checkinstall
        Code:
        sudo dpkg -r trojita
        I tried trojita out several months back and it looked good. I just don't like imap and wished it supported pop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trojita.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	639924
        Last edited by blobfish; May 05, 2012, 08:26 AM. Reason: package list had an incorrect entry
        FKA: tanderson

Comment

Wow, thanks blobfish!

I'm going to try this out as soon as my sata power splitter arrives. (I've invested in a SSD, so I'll be (re)installing Kubuntu, but unfortunately I was out of SATA power chords... )
          Last edited by Snowhog; May 06, 2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Hi blobfish!

I finally got around to trying this out. Your instructions worked, but I had a little trouble setting up my email accounts in trojita... (I'll think I'll stay with Thunderbird for now ) Well, well... At least I know how to use git now...

Cheers,
            TangleCrow

Comment

Working...
            X